Thursday, August 22, 2019

Hospital and skilled nursing facility


Sorry for the delay in posting. I did have the follow-up surgery a week ago. While it was successful, it set me back physically. I elected go from the hospital to a skilled nursing facility. I spent 100 days here in the spring and was happy with the results. They have good treatment nurses and decent physical therapists. I made many friends when I was here before. I expect to be here a couple of weeks. During the stay, I hope to continue working on the crypto currency pricing project.

The other cause for my slowness is a slight direction change. I had intended to start analyzing specific trading models. But it occurred to me that there was a fundamental question that should be addressed first. Do recent prices predict future ones? If the answer to that is no, then the entire project has no value. So, I’ve decided to look for this answer first. To tackle this, I wanted to look at the correlation between past and future prices. It’s turning out to be more complex than I originally thought. Rather than simply picking a few specific time frames, I am looping through multiple combinations. This has introduced complexity to the code and testing. But it’s the same complexity I expect when I start modeling specific approaches, so the effort won’t be wasted.

Follow me on Twitter, @billlanke, to know when I post some results.

No comments:

Post a Comment