Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Mid-week update on closing the accounts


My last update on closing my Lending Club IRA and custodial account at Strata Trust was Saturday. Nothing occurred on Sunday as is typical with these two companies. On Monday, Strata creditted my account with the second transfer of the recovery funds I was credited with at Lending Club, $!2.25.

Tuesday was May 1st and Lending Club charged off 2 of my very late notes. This is typical and not unexpected. The last payments on these notes were made on January 10th and 15th. The remaining note was last paid on January 17th. Presumably this would be charged off at the middle of May had I not intervened.

Nothing unusual has happened to my Lending Club account. I can still log on and access my account as though I had not submitted the close request 6 days ago. Since I agreed to forfeit my remaining notes, I expected to see some change. Strata Trust did receive my last transfer of $6.89.

Strata received my last transfer on Wednesday May 2nd. I called Strata and they needed to check to see if they had my forfeiture letter (Lending Club indicated a week ago that they had sent it). They did and said they’ll process it today and mail a check.

I’m working on summarizing the return rate that I received on my Lending Club notes. I’ll put a notice on Twitter, @billlanke, when I post this.

No comments:

Post a Comment