Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Accounts closed


My Lending Club IRA and custodial account with Strata Trust are now both closed. I can’t say I’ve received any official confirmation from either, but I’ve withdrawn all my funds. Lending Club still shows the one very late note, but I did submit the paperwork to forfeit all notes. Strata Trust sent me my last check and shows a zero balance.

I began the process by submitting the appropriate form to Lending Club on Wednesday, April 25th. They acknowledged receipt and sent it along to Strata. I didn’t hear anymore from either and a week later I called Strata. They seemed totally unaware of my submission. When prompted they located the paperwork and indicated they would process it. I got the final check on Monday, 13 days after the submission. There was a $50 fee from Strata for terminating the account.

I am quite happy to have this behind me. I spent too much time tracking the Lending Club account. Dealing with Strata wasn’t particularly easy. I’m glad my wife won’t have to deal with this when I’m gone.

I will followup with a post reviewing my history and rate of return with Lending Club. I also plan on posting my views of using Lending Club as an investor. Follow me on Twitter, @billlanke, to know when these are posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment