Monday, July 15, 2019

Re-start of crypto-currency discussion


In my previous post (August 7, 2018) I indicated that I was resurrecting this blog for the 3rd time. Unfortunately, I became ill a few days later and was hospitalized for 3 weeks. I was put on TPN (a way of feeding through an IV). This was an attempt to resolve a chronic problem that started with emergency surgery in 2014. TPN did not work and was discontinued after 2 months. My condition continued to worsen through the remainder of 2018.

I underwent a major and risky surgery in January 2019. Recovery required 2 weeks in the hospital and 3 months in a skilled nursing facility. I’m now at home utilizing visiting nurses to treat the major surgical wound that is healing slowly. I will likely undergo a skin graft in about a month to speed the healing. My overall condition is poor, but I’m working on it.

The good news is that my enthusiasm for life is returning. In particular, my interest in data analysis and programming is back. Specifically, I am turning my attention to bitcoins again. So, I’m picking up the work I started in 2018 and will document my efforts on this blog. In 2018, I posted my early efforts on another blog, http://ole44bill.blogspot.com. There are 7 posts from April 7th through May 2nd. I will be repeating this effort and will be posting my findings on this blog.

Now to repeat, why am I doing this? First, I need to review my holdings in crypto-currencies. I was quite active trading these in 2017, and naturally made good money (everyone did). But at the end of the year I got tangled up in trying to document all the trades for tax purposes. I decided then just to freeze my holdings until I had time to work out a system to keep track of this stuff before I became active again. I’ve reached that point. I have a handful of different coins and wonder if I should consolidate, expand, or do nothing.

The second reason for putting my efforts on the blog is for documentation purposes. I’m turning 75 in a few weeks and my memory isn’t that great. So, I’ll use this as the vehicle for keeping track of what I’ve done.

You can follow me on Twitter, @billlanke, to know when I post again. Or you can Email me at bill.lanke@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment