Monday, January 12, 2015

Test Accounts - Monday Update



Folio Investing – The funds were in the account by Saturday morning. I was able to create my own portfolio. It contained 12 ETFs reflecting the overall allocations I had decided to use for our investments. I placed an order for $2000 of this portfolio. It was scheduled to be executed in the next available trading window, which was this morning at 11 AM.  It resulted in purchases of the 12 ETFs ranging in values from $900 down to $20. Since I signed up for the annual commission, these were commission free.
I also entered $2000 orders each for 3 Ready To Go portfolios. “Dogs of the Dow” has the 10 stocks in the DOW with the highest dividend yields. “Analyst Upgrades” contains the 30 stocks with the greatest improvement in the Zack’s equity rating system during the past month. “Internet 5” consists of the 5 largest companies primarily engaged in the internet industry. The selection of these is based on the highest market caps. All of these portfolios equal weight the stocks they contain.
After these purchases were made at 11 AM, I entered my final $2000 purchase for the “Biotech” RTG portfolio. This includes the top 30 market cap sized companies from Zack’s list of securities with primary business operations in the Biotechnology industry. Again these are equally weighted in this portfolio. This purchase was made in the 2 PM trading window.
At the end of the day I had 75 stocks and 12 ETFs in my account.
Wealth Front – The funds were in my account on Monday morning and were invested today. They were distributed over 5 stock and 2 bond ETFs.
Lending Club IRA – The rollover funds are somewhere between my current IRA, the third party custodian, and Lending Club.

I’ll be updating with my first impressions in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment