Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Final Test Case Report



This is the final test case report. I started this test case project about 6 months ago to compare methods of acquiring Lending Club notes. My intention then was to follow the progress of the payment flow in each case for an extended period. However, since then I have decided to liquidate all my Lending Club notes and close the account. I will discuss the reasons for this and my overall opinion if Lending Club as an investment in my next post. Meanwhile it is time to liquidate the test case notes, hence this final report.


Description
Current
Other
Fully Paid
Charged Off
Index
Test 1 End in 2017
0%
0%
96%
4%
96.0
Test 2 End in 12 months
70%
0%
30%
0%
96.2
Test 3 LC Picks
92%
0%
8%
0%
98.4
Test 4 Zip Grade
97%
3%
0%
0%
98.4
Test 5 By Percent
85%
3%
8%
5%
93.3
Test 6 By Funded
85%
13%
3%
0%
97.9
Test 7 Random
83%
5%
13%
0%
96.8
Test 8 FOLIOfn Zip Grade
78%
0%
22%
0%
99.9


Six months is not a long enough period to draw rational conclusions. But is in an indicator. If I were to continue with my Lending Club accounts I definitely would not use automatic investing as offered by Lending Club. Rather, I would select the notes individually. In my case I would use the Zip Grade criteria to select new notes and pick up some of these as they become available on the secondary market FOLIOfn.

As  I indicated I will be posting my final thoughts on Lending Club in a few days. Follow me on Twitter, @billlanke to know when I do this.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment