Saturday, September 9, 2017

More disappointing results selling notes



As expected the next 10 notes did not sell with a slight markup around 0.5%. After a day, I changed to a 0.5% discount. Still no takers. I moved the asking price down to a 1.5% discount. Only 1 note sold in the next day. So, I moved the discount to 2%.

I wanted to see if I could detect any bots checking out the notes for sale and automatically picking off good ones. I checked back after a few minutes to see if any more had sold. No. To me, this implies two possibilities. One, there may not be any bots. Or more likely if there are some, I’m not triggering them. There is a user forum at lendacadamy.com that is excellent. One user did indicate that he has a bot always looking for appropriate notes. Apparently, the notes I offered did not pass his screening criteria.

Another note sold at the 2% discount, while 4 more were cancelled due to payment processing. Granted I picked the notes randomly without looking when the next payment is scheduled. I suppose looking at then in detail could avoid this. I raised the discount a percent at a time. Two more notes sold at about a 4% discount, while two remain at a 5% discount.

I guess the lesson that I’ve learned is that I’ll just have to put notes out for sale and keep moving the discount until I reach the appropriate level for each note. Meanwhile, I am continuing to try to populate the seven test cases. The one that is lagging behind is the zip-grade screening criteria I developed. Apparently, the criteria I am using is pretty tough. I’ll probably post another update next week. Follow me on Twitter @billlanke and I post when it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment