Monday, February 2, 2015

Test Accounts Week 3



The S&P 500 index was down about 2.8% last week and so were the test accounts. Wealthfront survived the week the best, dropping 0.9%. Betterment dropped 3.0%, but that may have been clouded because I added some funds. The timing of this addition might have influenced the percentage change.
Folio Investing notified me that the composition of one of the Ready-to-Go (RTG) folios that I hold has changed. This is the one called Analyst Upgrades. In their description, they indicated that this RTG is generally updated monthly. They generated the trade orders required to match the new composition and sent me a preview order. This included 28 sell all orders and 30 buy orders. There were several options presented. I elected to simply submit the order for their next available trading window. This will occur at 11 AM on Monday. There isn’t any commission on this type of a trade.
Lending Club’s balance hasn’t changed, and won’t until the first payments are received at the end of February. Meanwhile, automated investing reached my first set of specifications allocating half of the funds. I changed the specification and added to the amount they could invest. Currently the account holds 227 notes, with 101 having been issued and 126 in various states of funding.
Below is a little scorecard that I’ve decided to keep. It’s way too early to be meaningful, but it’s fun to look at.

W/E
S&P 500
BTRMNT
WLTFRNT
FOLIO
LNDG CLB
16-Jan
-1.2%
0.0%
0.4%
-0.2%
0.0%
23-Jan
1.6%
1.1%
0.7%
2.0%
0.0%
30-Jan
-2.8%
-3.0%
-0.9%
-2.0%
0.0%
Follow me on Twitter @billlanke and I’ll let you know when I update the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment